Re: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...

From: Con Kolivas (kernel@kolivas.org)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 06:43:55 EST

On Wed, 28 May 2003 21:27, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Marc-Christian Petersen <m.c.p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does the attached one make sense?
>
> Nope.
>
> Guys, you're the ones who can reproduce this. Please spend more time
> working out which chunk (or combination thereof) actually fixes the
> problem. If indeed any of them do.
>
> I'm suspecting that Con's fingers slipped.

I've been known to be email trigger happy in the past but a serious thrashing
with just this one change made massive improvements.

However -
One test case does not a fix give.

Others please test this. It's extremely important.

If you're interested the best test for me is:
dd if=/dev/zero of=dump bs=4096 count=512000

Con