Re: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...

From: Stefan Foerster (stefan@stefan-foerster.de)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 08:34:06 EST

* Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 28 2003, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> dd if=/dev/zero of=dump bs=4096 count=512000
>
> already tried that, no go. on ide/scsi? what filesystem? how much ram?
> anything else running? smp/up?

Doesn't matter if IDE or SCSI, to be honest, SCSI with the old aic7xxx
from vanilla 2.4.20 is even worse than IDE.

My box is up, had only my window manager with some open xterms
running, nothing which should create any load.

Ciao
Stefan
--
Stefan Förster Public Key: 0xBBE2A9E9
FdI #122: Updateritis - Softwarebulemie (Frank Klemm)