Re: 2.4.20: Proccess stuck in __lock_page ...

From: Con Kolivas (kernel@kolivas.org)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 09:03:10 EST

On Wed, 28 May 2003 20:23, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Could you please work out which change caused it? Go back to stock 2.4 and
> then apply this:

[snip] 1

> then this:
[snip] 2

> Then this (totally unlikely, don't bother):
[snip] 3

Ok patch combination final score for me is as follows in the presence of a
large continuous write:
1 No change
2 No change
3 improvement++; minor hangs with reads
1+2 improvement+++; minor pauses with switching applications
1+2+3 improvement++++; no pauses

Applications may start up slowly that's fine. The mouse cursor keeps spinning
and responding at all times though with 1+2+3 which it hasn't done in 2.4 for
a year or so.

Con