Re: local apic timer ints not working with vmware: nolocalapic

From: brian (brian@interlinx.bc.ca)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 12:37:46 EST

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 11:56:29AM +0200, Petr Vandrovec wrote:

> Just get VMware 3 or 4

Unfortunately, I cannot currently afford to buy (outright -- there is
no upgrade path from 2 to 4) a newer version of VMware. Really, other
than this issue of the local APIC timer, I don't really need or care
to have a newer version of VMware anyway.

> - they (properly) emulate APIC timer and you'll
> get information that host bus is running at 66.xxxx MHz. With VMware 2
> you have to boot with noapic.

If only this worked. I tried noapic, but it still tries to use the
local APIC timer interrupts. noapic seems to only disable IO-APIC.
That is why I was "proposing" a new kernel command line arg,
"nolocalapic".

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell