Re: RFC Proposal to enable MSI support in Linux kernel

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 18:49:49 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:
A bigger question though: if platform_legacy_irq() returns zero, will the handler _ever_ be edge-triggered?

Good question, i wouldn't think so, that would collapse that section into two lines.

Have you ever seen an edge-triggered interrupt on x86 that would fail the current platform_legacy_irq test? For what cases does that happen? The legacy interrupts on the boxes I poked at are edge triggered, but I do not know enough to say if that is a general rule.

Jeff