Re: 2.5.70-mm1 bootcrash, possibly RAID-1

From: John Stoffel (stoffel@lucent.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 08:26:01 EST

Helge> On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 04:35:44AM -0700, William Lee Irwin III wrote:

>> Could you log this to serial and get the rest of the oops/BUG? If it's
>> where I think it is, I've been looking at end_page_writeback() and so
>> might have an idea or two.

Helge> I tried 2.5.70-mm1 on the dual celeron at home. This one has
Helge> scsi instead of ide, so I guess it is a RAID-1 problem.
Helge> This machine has root on raid-1 too. I believe there where
Helge> several oopses in a row, I captured all of the last one
Helge> thanks to a framebuffer with a small font. Here it is:

I've finally gotten 2.5.70-mm1 compiled and bootable on my system, but
with my /home being RAID1, I was getting crashes that looked alot like
this as well. This was a Dual PIII Xeon 550, with a mix of IDE and
SCSI drives. /home was on a pair of 18gb SCSI disks, RAID1.

I also had problems with the new AIC7xxx driver and had to drop back
to the old one to get a boot. I think. Lots and lots of confusion
here.

John