Re: Nightly regression runs against current bk tree

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 16:20:32 EST

Mark Peloquin <peloquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We have dedicated a machine and thrown together some scripts that will grab
> and build the latest kernel files, execute the regression suite,
> collecting (hopefully)
> enough system state information to allow meaningful analysis of any peculiar
> results encountered.

How about doing a LTP run too with some difference file for new FAILs/BROKs ?
That's not strictly a benchmark, but would help catching regressions
quickly.

I notice your benchmark mix is very IO heavy, it would be nice to test other
aspects of the system too. Perhaps lmbench and reaim compute workload?

It would be nice if we had a new linux-testresults list where such
updates could be posted regularly. I don't think it belong on l-k
because it would be too noisy. Perhaps such a list could be added to
vger. David, what do you think?

-Andi