RE: RFC Proposal to enable MSI support in Linux kernel

From: Zwane Mwaikambo (zwane@linuxpower.ca)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 17:10:58 EST

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Nguyen, Tom L wrote:

> I am working on an updated patch to 2.5.70 to incorporate the comments
> from you and Jeff Garzik. Regarding the variable renaming of irq, I am
> open to any suggestions. Please make a recommendation and I will
> incorporate it into the next update.

Well essentially, if the function is being passed a vector, lets call the
parameter 'vector', right now you have to look at the code paths careful
to determine wether it's an irq number or a vector masquerading as an irq
number.

> Regarding platform_legacy_irq, I have not seen an edge-triggered
> interrupt failure caused by platform_legacy_irq.

So we can go with Jeff's suggestion there and remove the unecessary check
for wether to assign level or edge?

Zwane
--
function.linuxpower.ca