Re: 21rc6 serverworks IDE blows even more than is usual :)

From: Duncan Laurie (duncan@sun.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 17:24:30 EST

On Thu, 29 May 2003 13:40:01 +0200, Tomas Szepe <szepe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't seem to get the onboard Serverworks CSB5 IDE controller (rev 93)
in a Compaq Proliant ML350 G3 to work (reliably/at all) no matter what
kernel I use:

Hi Tomas,

This problem *may* actually be in the hardware... IIRC the CSB5 rev 93h is
the A2.1 version of the chip which had big problems with DMA. The workaround
options included a messy rework of the PCB or forcing it into PIO mode, so we
decided instead to just stick with the A2.0 revision. :)

However all of my knowledge about this particular issue is based on >1yr old
information, so if you want to send the output of "lspci -xxx" for pci devices
00:0f.0 and 00:0f.1 I will check them over for any obvious settings the BIOS
may have missed.

-duncan