Re: siimage driver status

From: Gutko (gutko@poczta.onet.pl)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 17:31:01 EST

From: "Alan Cox" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Iau, 2003-05-29 at 15:32, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
> > hard drives that I'm trying to get to work with linux 2.4.21-rc6. The
> > problem I'm having is that it's REALLY slow and crashy. The kernel
reports
> > this on bootup:
>
> I'm running the siimage driver fine with several drives. Your setup is
> intriguing in that the BIOS has chosen to leave the drives in PIO mode
>
> > SiI3112 Serial ATA: IDE controller at PCI slot 01:0b.0
> > SiI3112 Serial ATA: chipset revision 2
> > SiI3112 Serial ATA: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
> > ide2: MMIO-DMA , BIOS settings: hde:pio, hdf:pio
> > ide3: MMIO-DMA , BIOS settings: hdg:pio, hdh:pio
>
> Really the SATA drives ought to have come up in UDMA

I have Asus A7N8X deluxe too, and I reported this issue with rc4.
I'm running one IBM vancouver2 180gxp drive on SIL3112A, and I always have
PIO on boot.
I can enable DMA manually and it works good, but I can bet if I connect
second hdd in RAID
with this I already have, I'll get all problems described above!!! My friend
also runs succesfully ONE
hdd in DMA on the same ASUS on sata, but connecting seconf drive blows
everything away..

Gutko