Re: Nightly regression runs against current bk tree

From: Andreas Dilger (adilger@clusterfs.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 18:21:16 EST

On May 29, 2003 17:48 -0500, Mark Peloquin wrote:
> Your correct. We're just getting started with this effort and we used
> this mix to get things going. Once ppl are happy with the presentation
> of data, we planned to add more tests to provide a more balanced mix.
> But since you asked, we have added lmbench to our -bk3 regression run. :)

Mark, it would be nice to get a graph of the combined results for each
test. Something like:

tiobench sequential write rate
| +++++++++++++++++ + = -mm-ext3
M | ++++++++++++++++++++++++++***************** * = linus-ext3
B | +++++++***************** ###### # = -ac-ext3
/ | . = -mm-XFS
s | = = -ac-XFS
| ********* etc

+----------------------------------------------------
date

This allows at-a-glance trends for each group of tests and (as in the
example above you could see easily when a performance bug was added
and fixed in -ac before in the linus kernel, for example). Probably
having all of the comparable results on the same page, or even in the
same graph results is a win.

Bonus points if you can click on a spot in the graph and get the results
page for that date/test ;-).

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger