Re: IRQ_NONE definition in NCR5380 driver...

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 03:19:53 EST

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:27:25AM +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:
> Currently the NCR5380.h defines IRQ_NONE to be 255, is there any special
> reason for this? why not use UINT32_MAX-1?..
>
> The VAX actually has got more than 255 interrupt handlers which we've
> mapped to IRQs, and it happens the external SCSI interface is at 255, so
> this makes it a bit sick...
>
> I've redefined it in our tree to 65535 but I see no reason not to go to
> the above... any objections?

Only that ARM already has a NO_IRQ macro fairly well established for this
thing, which should probably be propagated to the other architectures.
Could we call it NO_IRQ instead?

I seem to remember that in the dim and distant past, several drivers
used to store IRQ numbers in byte-sized objects, so this would need to
be fixed before making NO_IRQ > 255.

--
Russell King (rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) The developer of ARM Linux