Re: 2.5.70-mm2

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan (zboszor@freemail.hu)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 05:16:14 EST

Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:

Andrew Morton wrote:

Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am testing it now with your two extra patches.
I started vmware but I don't notice it now. Everything is snappy.
The system is a RH9 with upgrades. The latest errata kernel still
stops for seconds sometimes and vmware (and rsync between two drives
for that matter) makes a noticable performance impact. With .70-mm2,
I can still work on other things and not wait for other things to
finish first.

OK, thanks.

I am running it now, it seems rock solid.
Two rsync and one "cp -ar" a 2.4 GB directory between the same two drives
are finishing faster than with RH9 kernel-smp-2.4.20-13.9. :-)

OK. :-) However, "modprobe capability" is still not automatic.
What is the alias line for capability? I can't figure it out myself.
Perhaps it's not supported configuring capability
(aka CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES) as a module?
It's definitely allowed...

OK, compiled as built-in, not too many problems left.
I will still have to fiddle with alias lines for USB to not complain on boot.
I don't have any USB devices though.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi