Re: Xeon processor support

From: Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 04:24:28 EST

The new xeons work fine with 2.4.20. Issues with rtlinux should probably
be directed to fsmlabs or their respective mailing lists...

Outside that what issues are you seeing?

joelja

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Artemio wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a RH7.3-based system with recompiled original 2.4.20 kernel runing on
> dual 2.4GHz Xeon machine.
>
> I'd like to know if there is a dedicated Xeon support in 2.4.21-pre? kernels.
>
> The thing is I'm trying to compile RTLinux for this machine, but it fails to
> start. The main reason of this is wrong CPU type support in kernel.
>
> I compiled 2.4.20 for Pentium 4, but new Xeons are a bit different. So is
> there a dedicated Xeon support in 2.4.21-pre? kernels?
>

> Thanks.
>

> Artemio.
>

> -

Joel Jaeggli Academic User Services joelja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-- PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E --
resort of the scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but