hd?: lost interrupt; at least since 2.4.21-pre7

From: schmurtz@netcourrier.com
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 04:54:22 EST

Hi there

hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x64
hda: lost interrupt
hda: dma_intr: bad DMA status (dma_stat=70)
hda: dma_intr: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }

I've read a lot of people do suffer from that kind of errors.
Especially people using VIA IDE chipset.
When using 2.4.21-pre4-aa1 everthing is ok but when I was using .21-pre7 I had to wait
a few days before starting to see those errors.
I've just tried 2.4.21-pre6. Errors still happen and that a lot faster.
2.4.21-rc2-ac1 was subjected to that kind of errors too.

A few weeks ago, I read people complaining about similar issues.
Especially people using Local or IO APIC support on uniprocessors and VIA IDE chipsets.
I'm using both local and IO APIC on uniprocessors.

Is there any patch or solution ? I heard disabling acpi may help.

.config /proc/pci et /proc/dmesg are attached to this mail.

My two harddrives are subjected to those errors. Using 2.4.21-pre4-aa1 there is no error.
I'm available to do tests.

--
S.