Re: [BUG] ieee1394 sbp2 driver is broken for kernel >= 2.4.21-rc2

From: Jocelyn Mayer (jma@netgem.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:11:57 EST

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 13:36, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 11:20:32PM +0200, Jocelyn Mayer wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 22:34, Georg Nikodym wrote:

> > > As a datapoint, works fine for me with my x86 laptop:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > OK, so it should be an endianness related problem...
> > I didn't test this on a PC because I need (want ?)
> > to always use the same kernel on my Mac & my PC
> > so I can test my patches always in the same conditions.
> > It gives me a start point to investigate...
>
> No, it's a rescan-scsi-bus.sh issue. Get the script, and execute it.
> Hotplug for 2.4.x scsi is a fantasy. Just so happens it used to work,
> but that "work" used to cause oopses.

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but I think you're wrong:

First, I never trust hotplug or other tools like this:
I do all insmod by hand, so I know all drivers have been loaded.
What is hotplug supposed to do (but wasn't in previous driver
version...) ?

The second thing I see is that it used to work,
before 2.4.21-rc2. The only difference is in the kernel driver,
so it should work with no user-space tool, as it used to.
If not, the driver is now buggy...

Regards.

--
Jocelyn Mayer <jma@netgem.com>