Re: another must-fix: major PS/2 mouse problem

From: Yoann (linux-yoann@ifrance.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 14:20:04 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

>>> No, since 2.4 doesn't have the re-sync code in the mouse driver which is
>>> triggering in this case. But problems with the machine being flooded
>>> with interrupts from the NIC so hard that it actually cannot do anything
>>> are quite common.
>>
>>So is the resync code doing more good than harm?
>

> Hard to tell. The people for which it does good don't complain.

I didn't reboot my pc yet, so I'm still running a 2.4.20 without any problem
with my mouse. but when I will boot on the 2.5.70, what I should do to find
where does the bug come from. I'm little but new here, so I never try to
locate a bug in a kernel...

thanks for your advice

Yoann

--
Jugglers, like programmers, handle objects which, at first sight, seem complex
and difficult to control. Some of them, with time and patience, manage to