2.4.20 Modprobe setting of eth0,eth1 does not seem to work

From: jmerkey@s1.uscreditbank.com
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 16:39:39 EST

In 2.4.20 if I attempt to use the Intel multiport e1000 drivers with
modules.conf trying to hard set the eth0,eth1, etc. assignments modprobe does
not appear to be assigning the adapter aliases correctly. I am assuming
this may be due to an interface issue between the Keyboard and monitor. :-)

Modules.conf file attached. Anyone got any ideas here?

Jeff