LKML FAQ updating (was: Re: kernel spinlocks; when to use; when appropriate?)

From: Rob Landley (rob@landley.net)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 12:57:30 EST

Okay, that link needs to go in the "basic linux kernel documentation" section
at the start of the "http://www.tux.org/lkml/" faq, along with some other
resources that have fallen through the cracks. I'd happily generate a patch
against the FAQ, but haven't a clue what the source format is. (Is it
hand-hacked HTML?)

Documentation resources:

Linux Device Drivers, second edition (whole book online).
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/index.html

Porting device drivers to 2.5 (30-article series):
http://lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/

Linux Kernel Internals (walkthrough of kernel 2.4 source):
http://www.moses.uklinux.net/patches/lki.html

Mel Gorman's Virtual Memory Guides (read "understanding" first, then
"coding"):
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/projects/vm/guide/

Also, the "asking smart questions" thing isn't on tuxedo.org anymore, it's on
catb.org. (Otherwise same URL.)

And while we're on the subject, could the mention of the Documentation
directory in the linux kernel source A) be moved to the start of the list, B)
be updated to include a mention of "make htmldocs" and friends?

I'm sure there's more, this is just off the top of my head. I'd be happy to
whip up a patch if I had a clue what file it should be against...

Rob