Re: [BK-CVS gateway] version tags

From: Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 08:59:10 EST

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 04:44:37PM +0200, Pascal Schmidt wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I noticed both the 2.4 and 2.5 BK->CVS trees don't have version tags
> any more (v2_5_70, for example, as in the old tree).
>
> Is this intentional? Did CVS take too long to tag all files or something?
>
> It was quite a nice feature to have them, very useful for finding out the
> differences between certain kernel versions. I can live without it,
> though. It's still a nice service without the tags. (Thanks!)

Looks like the tags are on the ChangeSet file only. Which is why I
didn't notice. You could get a timestamp from the tag on ChangeSet and
use that for a -D argument.

A quick script could do this for you. I think it's wise of Larry to keep
it this way.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/