Re: irq consolidation

From: Anton Blanchard (anton@samba.org)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 06:15:49 EST

> Anton don't you have an NR_IRQS sized interrupt stub you have to deal
> with on PPC64?
>
> I was considering perhaps only statically allocating the 0-15 on i386
> just to get it booting and then dynamically allocate the rest.

We usually have an 8259 but its wired up to the main interrupt
controller. Even if we statically allocated 0-15, we still need a higher
irq for that cascade.

Going all the way and removing NR_IRQS also catches problems like the
random driver where we would only add randomness on 8259 (ie < 16)
interrupts with a mixed static/dynamic scheme.

Anton