Re: /proc/bus/pci

From: Riley Williams (Riley@Williams.Name)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 02:10:32 EST

Hi Andre.

> JG Jeff Garzik
> AC Alan Cox
> BZ Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
> JA Jens Axboe
>
> TF TaskFile
> FIS Frame Information Structure
>
> TCQ erm ... obvious

TCQ = Tank Commander's Quarters

I've no idea what it stands for in Linux-Kernel. It must mean
something important though, as it comes up so regularly.

> FPDMA First Party Direct Memory Access
>
> SATA erm ... obvious

SATA = Serial ATA
PATA = Parallel ATA
ATAPI = ATA Programming Interface

Question: What's ATA ??? I've no idea.

> SCSI erm ... obvious

SCSI = Small Computer Systems Interface
IDE = Integrated Drive Electronics
MFM = Modified Frequency Modulation (ST-506)
RLL = Run Length Limited (ST-506)

All forms of hard disk interface - that I do know.

ST-506 = Seagate Technology model 506 hard drive
         (which set the MFM and RLL standards)

Best wishes from Riley.

---
 * Nothing as pretty as a smile, nothing as ugly as a frown.