Xeon processors &&Hyper-Threading

From: Joe (joeja@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 11:38:18 EST

Does Linux support the Xeon (p4) processor and its capabilities?

The company I work for recently ported its application to Linux and one
of our current HP clients asked this and I figure it would be just a
recompile the kernel as a P4, but not sure if this would do it.

I'm not asking if Linux can RUN the Xeon processor.

I'm asking if Linux processor takes any advantage of the Hyper-Threading
built into this processor?

below is a link to more info on this.

http://www.intel.com/design/xeon/prodbref/

Joe