Re: PROBLEM: 2.4.21 crashes hard running cdrecord in X.

From: Per Nystrom (centaur@netmagic.net)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 21:46:31 EST

Alright, I've really gotten it narrowed down now.

The hard crash occurs only when magicdev is running. I tried turning
off all my preferences for auto- mounting, running, and playing
data/audio cds in my preferences, and voila! cdrecord works without a
hiccup in X too.

I will not revert to my nvidia driver for a few days anyway, in case I
can help debug this further -- just let me know what to do. This looks
like a pretty serious problem, since the upshot is that userspace
programs are able to bring the kernel down. I'd be happy to help if I
can.

Per