Re: presario laptop and 2.5.71

From: Brandon Low (lostlogic@gentoo.org)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 19:11:14 EST

Nope, not a build problem (AFAICS) under 2.5.70-mm9, I was able to use
the new synaptics driver pretty well (seems to have some sync problems)
whatever changed in that department before 2.5.71/(-mm1) broke it, now
the driver loads, correct detects my touchpad, but never binds it to the
event interface (I did not modularize the event interface, and touchpad
stuff because under 2.5.70 there WAS a buildproblem wherein the psmouse
module couldn't be built as a module).

Hope this additional info either helps someone solve the problem or at
least clears up that there IS a problem...

--Brandon Low
Gentoo Developer