Re: Problems with PCMCIA/Orinoco

From: bvermeul@blackstar.nl
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 05:01:40 EST

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Russell King wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:29:00AM +0200, bvermeul@blackstar.nl wrote:
> > I'm having some problems with 2.5.71 (latest bk yesterday I believe).
> > All works well (pcmcia works as advertised, with one tiny blip on
> > the horizon), except when I want to reboot, when I get the following
> > message:
> >
> > unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth1 to become free. Usage count = 1
> >
> > The net device is an Orinoco mini-pci card (eg, cardbus minipci interface
> > with built-in orinoco card), and it is down.
> >
> > I'm not sure what causes this, and it's started somewhere in 2.5.70 bk.
>
> I believe this is a netdevice problem and isn't anything to do with
> PCMCIA or Cardbus. If the net people would like to confirm this, it'd
> be most helpful.

I'm also using a RTL8139 cardbus card, and that does not show this
particular problem (works great actually).
So I'm not so sure it is a netdevice problem. It may be a orinoco
problem, but I'm not entirely sure what's causing it.
Just wanted to see if anyone's noticed it as well, and if a fix was
out there.

Bas Vermeulen