2.4.21 packet writing?

From: John Goerzen (jgoerzen@complete.org)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 13:48:57 EST

Hello,

I've been using the packet writing patches floating around for some
time, and find them very useful. I have modified slightly a recent
one to work with 2.4.21-rc8. It worked with the IDE CD-ROM driver
(that is, /dev/hdc), but with the ide-scsi driver at /dev/scd0, it
would read but threw up a write error every time a modification was
attempted.

Has anyone made a packet writing patch compatible with 2.4.21 that
works with ide-scsi?

My workaround to date has been to unload the ide-scsi module and
insert the IDE cdrom module when I want to use packet writing, and do
the reverse when I want to use cdrecord. It's quite annoying and I'd
rather just use one device the whole time.

Thanks,
John Goerzen