Re: patch for common networking error messages

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 14:50:40 EST

   From: Janice M Girouard <janiceg@us.ibm.com>
   Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:46:56 -0500

    I could see the buffers backing up for 10/100 cards. So that case
   favors your point. I'm still thinking that it's a sign someone should
   be buying a 2nd card and ramping up their network capability. But I can
   see your point.

And when we have 1GHZ memory busses and 10GHz cpus tomorrow,
what does this say for 1gbit and 10gbit cards?

You want to define a machine as having too much "work" or not, yet you
only want to consider one metric to do so. Such schemes are
fundamentally flawed.