VIA Ezra CentaurHauls

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski (gl@dsa-ac.de)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 09:18:17 EST

Hello

We have a platform with the above processor, and we happened to have 2
revisions thereof: stepping 8 and 10. With stepping 8 we are getting
"random" application crashes (segfaults), sometimes with kernel-Oopses.
The distribution is Debian-Woody. I saw some messages on the Debian
mailing list about problems with exactly this CPU, however, it was not
related to different revisions (stepping), perhaps, the author only had
 / tried stepping 8. The fix was to upgrade libc. I've done this (to
version libc6_2.3.1-16, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks
Guennadi