REQ for Kconfig

From: lode leroy (lode_leroy@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 04:49:35 EST

Hello,

I'd like to propose something for Kconfig:

I've spent hours to get Linux-2.5 to run. I was stuck with no virtual
terminals
because by default these depend on 'input' which was compiled as a module.

I think it would be easier to see that an option is disabled instead of
hiding it.
Then one would look into the 'help' of that option and see that it's
disabled
because of some other option.

So maybe in 'menuconfig' in the global options a new option 'Show all
options'
and in each menu
[ ] -> choosable
< > -> modulable
[*] -> chosen
<M> -> as module
[-] -> disabled

in this case, I was not seeing the fact that 'Virtual Terminals' depended on
'input'
which was compiled as a module...

-- lode