2.4.21 panic on CDRW Mount

From: Dave Bentham (dave.bentham@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 14:21:43 EST

Hello,

I've now managed to capture the 'panic' output of 2.4.21.

I was running 2.4.20 for quite some time on a Mandrake 9.0 base on a
Pentium IV 1.5MHz PC. When 2.4.21 came out I patched the source and
upgraded to it as I usually do for kernel upgrades.

However, mounting the CDRW makes it all go crappy and it dies. See
attached panic output.

The command was issued on the PC's own attached console, but the
output's captured on an attached serial console (command was 'mount
/mnt/cdrom2' entered in BASH without starting X, etc).

Thanks

Dave

--
A computer without Microsoft is like chocolate cake without mustard.