Re: 2.5.72 oops (scheduling while atomic)

From: Greg Norris (haphazard@kc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 18:27:49 EST

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:46:56PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> This appears to be because you haven't selected any chip drivers in IDE
> config. I selected PIIX and things started working better.

Sure enough, Iafterenabling PIIX support I was able to boot successfully.
I had left it out because my understanding was that it doesn't support
my chipset... this was incorrect, at least in the case of 2.5.x. Also,
my 2.4.21 kernel was perfectly happy with PIIX disabled.

> Your .config seems broken in other ways btw. Suggest you do
>
> cp arch/i386/defconfig .config
>
> and start again.

Could you provide any specifics, or point me to some information on the
requirements? My approach was to start with a working 2.4.x config,
and enable everything which appeared to be necessary.

Thanx!