Re: [OT] Re: Troll Tech [was Re: Sco vs. IBM]

From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@intermeta.de)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 12:05:52 EST

Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw@ithnet.com> writes:

>> open source play there is no barrier to entry for anyone else, they
>> can take your source and sell it under the same terms.

>Sorry, they don't _sell_ it, because this is a GPL violation. They may
>distribute it. And thats about it.

He talks about open source. You talk about GPL.

And of course you can sell GPLed Software for $$$$. What do you think
that RedHat, SuSE, Mandrake and all the others do. I can sell you an
linux-2.0.40.tar.gz for $20,000 and if you buy it, good for
me. Nothing illegal here.

        Regards
                Henning

Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire

--- Quote of the week: "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." ---