Re: Kernel patch release checklist available

From: Willy Tarreau (
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 08:22:54 EST

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:01:02PM +1000, Peter Chubb wrote:
> After being burnt a few times in forgetting something that I should
> have done when releasing a patch against the kernel, I've created a
> Kernel Patch Release Checklist at

Good idea. I think this should go into the Documentation directory.
I would personnaly add :
- "1.4.3 have you described side-effects you're aware of, or incompatibilities
  or breakage of other patches ?"
- "1.5.2. Have you checked that your patch still applies without fuzz on latest
dev kernel ?" (which is not implied nor excused by 1.4.2).

the body of a message to
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at