Re: [OT] Re: Troll Tech [was Re: Sco vs. IBM]

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 09:45:12 EST

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 08:20:02AM -0400, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:
> Larry McVoy wrote:
> >The part you don't seem to want to accept is that
> >I don't agree with the merits of the arguments presented. And my view
> >is based on real world experience versus the theoretical views of the
> >people making the arguments.
>
> What you don't want to accept is that some of us speak from practical
> experience, too. Just because you have not walked my road does not mean
> my road is non-existent.

Here's a suggestion: instead of arguing that you are right, prove it.
Put your time where your theories and go start companies based on
those theories and show up with all sorts of new things that you've
built for pennies on the dollar compared to the commercial companies.
I've suggested this before and I get "well, I don't want to run a
company, I have no experience doing that, but you should run your
company based on my untested theories".

I'll start listening when you start doing. Until then, you are just
flapping your gums. Flap away if it makes you feel good.

--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm