Re: [OT] Re: Troll Tech [was Re: Sco vs. IBM]

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 15:52:21 EST

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 01:41:49PM -0700, Robert White wrote:
> The idea that you "don't learn anything from (playing a less skilled
> opponent)" and by extension you also can not learn anything from a
> non-player is so flawed as to be laughable.

In theory, you can learn anything from anyone.
In practice, the highest concentration of useful information comes from
someone with more experience and skill than yourself.

Who do you want to have as your doctor? Someone who has done it for 20
years or someone who is observing other doctors? Repeat for any other
profession, sport, discipline, whatever. Maybe you want to have your
heart surgery done by someone who thinks he can do it, me, I'd pick
someone who has done it successfully a few hundred times.

That's my point of view, it's clear it isn't your point of view. That's
fine, how about we agree to have different points of views and let this
thread die?

--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm