bug (?) in mounting disk

From: frank.schmischke (Frank.Schmischke@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 19:42:40 EST

Hallo,

I have a big problem with kernel 2.4.21. I've installed 2.4.21 at 3 computers,
where root-partition is on /dev/hda. There, the kernel is working fine.

But on my athlon 1000MHz, there I have a via-chipset for UDMA100. So I have a
cdrom at /dev/hda and my disk is at /dev/hdc. Until kernel 2.4.20, everything
works fine. But with kernel 2.4.21, the kernel will load module
block-major-22, so that kernel will crash at fsck (no filesystem is mounted
at this time). But ide-disk is compiled in kernel, not as a modul.
I have have also tried patch -ac2, but this will not help.

I'm using:
gcc-3.3
reiserfs-3.6.8
modutils-2.4.25