Re: [ANNOUNCE] nf-hipac v0.8 released

From: Michael Bellion and Thomas Heinz (nf@hipac.org)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 11:26:49 EST

Hi Pekka

You wrote:
>>We are going to test the stuff tomorrow on an i386 and tell you
>>the results afterwards.

Well, nf-hipac works fine together with the ebtables patch for 2.4.21
on an i386 machine. We expect it to work with other patches too.

>>In principle, nf-hipac should work properly whith the bridge patch.
>>We expect it to work just like iptables apart from the fact that
>>you cannot match on bridge ports.

Well, this statement holds for the native nf-hipac in/out interface
match but of course you can match on bridge ports with nf-hipac
using the iptables physdev match. So everything should be fine :)

> One obvious thing that's missing in your performance and Roberto's figures
> is what *exactly* are the non-matching rules. Ie. do they only match IP
> address, a TCP port, or what? (TCP port matching is about a degree of
> complexity more expensive with iptables, I recall.)

[answered in private e-mail]

Regards,