[IDE Driver] kernel hands with thread

From: Sumit Narayan (sumit_uconn@lycos.com)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 11:01:21 EST

Hi,

I am initiating a thread in the IDE Disk Driver to write to a file after a check on a proc value. It is not enables until the kernel boots completly. The kernel works fine, and once I enable this file write process, the kernel hangs. Could I know the reason. Does having the thread from the driver makes a difference?

Thanks in advance

Sumit