Re: Synaptics trouble in 2.5.73

From: Niels den Otter (otter@surfnet.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 10:09:32 EST

Peter,

On Thursday, 3 July 2003, Peter Osterlund wrote:
> > I saw mention of special X drivers for this, but the kernel messages
> > appear to indicate that the kernel itself is not succeeding in
> > communicating with the touchpad.
>
> The kernel messages could very well indicate that the communication
> works 99.9% of the time, but you really need the special X driver or
> else the touchpad will not work at all in X.

I am using the special driver in X and this works fine after a cold
boot. However after a hibernation of my laptop the mouse doesn't work
and syslog reports:

Jul 3 17:05:34 pangsit kernel: Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Jul 3 17:05:43 pangsit last message repeated 968 times
Jul 3 17:05:49 pangsit kernel: Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
Jul 3 17:06:14 pangsit last message repeated 3773 times
Jul 3 17:07:12 pangsit kernel: Synaptics driver lost sync at 1st byte
[etc]

I have to reboot my laptop to get it working again.

-- Niels