Kernel Compiling using "make rpm" question PLEASE!!

From: imunity@softhome.net
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 15:33:59 EST

I would not be asking this question but I have to say someone maybe even
myself will have to make a DOC on this cause there are none!!!!

The convention method for configuring, compiling and installing a kernel I
am very clear on but why cannot find any documents on how to compile it
using "make rpm" or recompile or "rpmbuild -bb"

I have searched the bookstores, www.redhat.com, www.tldp, most newgroups and
almost every single search result from www.google.com/linux.

Conventional Method:

tar -zxvf kernel.xx or rpm -ivh kernel-source.i386.rpm
ln -s kernel.xx linux
make clean
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make dep
make clean
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
make install
mkinitrd

RPM METHOD:

tar -zxvf kernel.xx or rpm -ivh kernel-source.i386.rpm
ln -s kernel.xx linux # I think this step may be need if you have a rpm
kernel source!!

make clean
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make rpm
rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/kernel-xx.i386.rpm
mkinitrd

Just currious as to why I cannot find something as simple as that for "make
rpm"

Still trying to figure out how to use "rpmbuild -bb"