Debugging , Tracing...

From: Auge Mike (tobe_better@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 14:48:17 EST

Hi all,

      I have asked before few weeks about tracing the execution of the
kernel or debugging it. Unfortunately, I faced some problems in using Kgdb,
especially that the patch was not successful on my redhat 7.3.
     Whatever, lets say that kgdb worked successfully, how can I trace the
execution of “a specific system call” (lets say printf), so I can see how it
works internally. Is there any other utility for that? How can I do that
with kgdb?

     Thanx for your help in advance.

Yours,