Re: [Bug report] System lockups on Tyan S2469 and lots of io [smp boot time problems too :(]

From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet@pandora.be)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 20:08:04 EST

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 05:52:32PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
>Do 2.4 kernels boot both CPUs OK? Do you use ACPI in 2.4?
The dmesg output shows both CPUs being put online.
/proc/cpuinfo lists both CPUs too

I don't use ACPI, even though I enabled it in the BIOS so I could use
acpismp=force (else the kernel finds no ACPI table of course).

I will see if disabling it in the BIOS helps, I will check it tomorrow
(I have to let the array be rebuilt anyway).

>The ACPI changes in 2.5 were recently merged into 2.4, so current
>2.4 may be broken for you too.

Hm, I don't want anything to do with ACPI actually :)
Anything that could give me a lock free smp machine with a working 3ware
card, would make me happy.

I hope I don't have to wait for the 2.6 series to have a stable machine.

best regards,

Vincent