Re: 2.4.22-pre3 and reiserfs boot problem

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 07:01:38 EST

On 06 Jul 2003 14:13:44 -0400
Chris Mason <mason@suse.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Is reiserfs on your root drive? If not can you please boot into single
> user mode, enable sysrq, try the mount again and get the decoded output
> from sysrq-p and sysrq-t if it hangs.
>
> -chris

Hello Chris,

I tried to produce some useful output but failed. Additionals I found:

- pre3-ac1 has the same problem
- the box _hangs_ in fact, no sysrq is working.
  (you need hw-reset to revive the box)
- I can see no disk activity on the 3ware RAID in question
- It always shows up, completely reproducable
- It shows during boot and during single- or multiuser (mount from console)

Regards,
Stephan