Re: [announce, patch] 4G/4G split on x86, 64 GB RAM (and more) support

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 06:35:29 EST

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 02:50:42PM +0400, Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> > > - I changed do_page_fault to setup vmalloced pages to current->mm->pgd
> > > instead of cr3 context.

I haven't read the patches, but this caught my attention.

Wasn't the use of cr3 there to ensure that we used the right page tables
when fixing up page faults occuring in the middle of a context switch for
interrupt handlers in kernel modules?

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux