Re: 2.4.22-pre3 and reiserfs boot problem

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 07:20:22 EST

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:54:02 -0300 (BRT)
Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

> > If you want me to try others, just send them to me like these three.
>
> Stephan,
>
> First of all, thanks a lot for your help. Not everyone is willing to
> debug/test problems like you do. This is very important for us.
>
> Well, we now know reiserfs patches in 2.4.22-pre are not the problem.
>
> 2.4.21 is OK (does not crash when mounting) correct?

Everything up to and including 2.4.22-pre2 is working without problems.
Under 2.4.22-pre3 I can reiserfsck the partition and see i/o going on for
minutes without troubles.
But I cannot mount it, the box completely hangs about 1 second after mount try.
I see the drive leds blinking shortly and that's it.

Regards,
Stephan