Re: Why is generic hldc beig ignored? RE:Linux 2.4.22-pre4

From: Henrique Oliveira (henrique2.gobbi@cyclades.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 13:39:57 EST

Hi,
The patch for the generic HDLC layer was included on the kernel 2.4.21. Thus
this layer is already on the main tree (unless, of course, someone has
removed it, I havent checked 2.4.22 yet). This layer provides data link
protocol (ppp, hdlc, raw-hdlc, x25, frame-relay, cisco-hdlc) for the kernel.
It's mainly used by synchronous cards drivers (Cyclades, Moxa, SDL, Farsite,
etc, etc, etc).
regards
Henrique