Re: Why is generic hldc beig ignored? RE:Linux 2.4.22-pre4

From: Henrique Oliveira (henrique2.gobbi@cyclades.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 11:55:43 EST

Hello !!!
No offence here but the generic hdlc layer's been always confusing. I will
write here what I believe is going on.
Until version 2.4.20 we had the old hdlc layer, with only one source file
hdlc.c. People that wanted to use the new hdlc layer had to apply a patch
provided by Halasa or by the WAN cards vendors. The kernel 2.4.21 came out
with the new hdlc layer, that includes a couple of files: hdlc_generic.c,
hdlc_fr.c, hdlc_ppp.c, hdlc_raw.c, etc. I don't know the status of the -ac
tree but I can say that the kernel 2.4.21 has the new code.
The new hdlc layer really needs new tools. This new tool can (supposedly) be
found at Halasa's web site. I don't know if someone has tested these tools
but I am about to run a test this afternoon. If someone is interested on the
results, just drop me a line.
regards
Henrique