Re: [RFC] KBUILD 2.5 issues/regressions

From: Alistair J Strachan (alistair@devzero.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 13:06:33 EST

On Friday 11 July 2003 19:01, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 06:56:53PM +0100, Alistair J Strachan wrote:
> > >
> > > that is actually not hard; I just did this in a RH rpm like way last
> > > week.
> >
> > I cannot see how you can make modversions modules without first building
> > vmlinux. This "RPM" presumably does not ship with vmlinux constructed
>
> It does actually.

Ah. In that case, I suppose it's all moot and won't end up being an issue. It
just strikes me that vmlinux would not have to be included in a distro 2.4
kernel, because it is not a "dependency" of the build system. If this is how
distros will operate, then just forget about it.

> > Try it with the NVIDIA driver
>
> no think you I prefer not to touch that with a 10 foot pole

Interesting snip of my original sentence.

Cheers,
Alistair.