Re: 2.5.75 does not boot - TCQ oops

From: Voluspa (lista1@telia.com)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 08:07:39 EST

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:46:01 -0400
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2@cornell.edu> wrote:

[...]
> However, the kernel that crashed was using the default
> (The default is 8, even though the comment says 32).

Some nice testing you've done there. Yeah, the 'map vs reality' is
confusing when configuring. I previously changed the 8 to 32, following
the help, but for 2.5.75 changed it to 8 based on an offhand comment on
lkml saying: '8 has been tested as optimal'.

Hope LinuxTag isn't drawing all the developers attention away from your
problem!

Mvh
Mats Johannesson